PV Fuente Álamo (4 phases)
This project consists of a photovoltaic plant of 34 MW divided into four phases using different technologies: one axis tracker, fixed structure and adaptable solar structures in summer and winter.
- Economic viability: There is a need to seek for a partner to invest in a project of this magnitude. It was necessary to create a proposal to convince investors.
- Technical challenge: This project, one of the major plants in the world, has been built in record time. The construction of the first three phases (26 MW) was completed in six months.
The process compromised four phases from 2008 to 2010
- Fuente Álamo I, II, III: During the first six months of 2008, three phases were completed. This means that 26 MW of the plant was finished by then.
- Fuente Álamo IV: A 7 MW plant that was built in 2010.
- Low environmental impact: Reduction of 42,012 tons of CO2 emissions per year.
- Energy production of 56,015 MWh per year.
- Job creation.